Anti-competitive agreements are rarely formalised. Parties often don't even meet or communicate directly with one other. However, any concerted action, exchange of information or 'meeting of minds' may be illegal collusion.
UK and EU competition laws prohibit anti-competitive agreements and the abuse of dominant market position. Violating competition law is a serious crime that has led to big fines for companies and long prison sentences!
Our Competition Law Compliance Training Course will help your employees understand anti-competitive practices, how to avoid them and why to speak up if they see anti-competitive behaviour.
Available as part of our Compliance Essentials Library and Global Compliance Library.
This course will prepare your employees to:
- Competition law in the UK & EU
- You decide: Competitive or not?
- Horizontal block exemptions
- Hardcore cartels
- Crossing the line: Hardcore cartels
- Hub-and-spoke cartels
- Crossing the line: Hub-and-spoke cartels
- You decide: Hardcore or hub-and-spoke cartel?
- Commercially-sensitive information
- Crossing the line: Commercially-sensitive information
- You decide: Commercially-sensitive information
- Cooperation agreements with competitors
- Vertical agreements
- Vertical Agreement Block Exemption
- Restriction on VABEs
- Online selling
- Online selling restrictions
- Crossing the line: Online selling
- Scenario: Online selling
- Resale price maintenance
- Crossing the line: Resale price maintenance
- You decide: Resale price maintenance
- Legitimate agreements between related parties
- You decide: A dominant position or not?
- Abuse of dominant position
- Crossing the line: Abuse of a dominant position
- Scenario: Abuse of a dominant position
- Tying & bundling
- Tying & bundling concerns
- Crossing the line: Tying & bundling
- You decide: Tying & bundling
- You decide: Acceptable discussion or not?
- Best practice: Complying with competition law
- Conversation 1: Profit margin
- Conversation 2: Environmental footprint
- Conversation 3: Brand maintenance
- Conversation 4: Order backlog
- Conversation 5: The new hire
- Crossing the line: Enforcement
- You decide: Enforcement
Approximately 45-minute long e-learning course followed by a 10-question assessment.
Suitable for all staff - examples and interactivities designed for staff at all levels. No previous knowledge or experience required.
SHARD-compliant, responsive display on all devices, accessibility on screen readers, visual design controlled via a client style sheet.
Ability to offer optional test-out, whereby users can choose to skip the course content and complete the learning assignment simply by passing the assessment.
All Windows, Mac OSX, iOS, Android (Flash-free for mobile compatibility). AICC and SCORM 1.2-compliant, suitable for both hosted and deployed SCORM or AICC.
Fully customisable on Skillcast Portal CMS.
Pre-translated versions not available, but all text content can be exported for translation into all languages.
Based on UK legislation, but suitable for global audiences upon the removal of UK-specific references and translation as necessary.