Data protection relates to how all organisations collect, use, and store personal and sensitive data. That includes the government, companies, service providers and anyone who manages data.
Data protection legislation, which includes the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR), aims to help prevent data misuse and inflicts penalties on those in breach of the law.
Our Data Protection Online Training Course will help your employees understand what personal and sensitive data are, why they need protection, and how to comply with the GDPR.
Available as part of our Compliance Essentials Library.
This course will prepare your employees to:
- You decide: The importance of data protection
- You decide: Breaches of data protection law
- Crossing the line: Breaches of data protection law
- Who is involved in data protection?
- Personal data
- Special category ('sensitive') data
- You decide: Types of data
- The GDPR
- Rights of the data subject
- Scenarios: Rights of the data subject
- Lawful bases
- Lawful basis: Consent
- Scenario: Getting consent
- Scenario: A customer withdraws consent
- Scenario: Passing on contact details
- Lawful basis: Legitimate interests
- Legitimate interest assessments
- You decide: LIAs
- Documenting & reviewing LIAs
- Data protection impact assessments
- Scenario: An offer for a new service
- Scenario: Contacting customers' connections
- Scenario: Information from job applicants
- Scenario: Information from customers
- You decide: Keeping data accurate & updated
- Scenario: Retaining job applicants' details
- Scenario: Keeping details of former customers
- International transfers of personal data
- Scenario: Gina's data transfer
- You decide: Are additional safeguards required?
- Dealing with DSARs
- You decide: Is it a valid DSAR?
- Scenarios: Personal data breaches
- Notification of breaches
- Scenario: Stolen data
- Records of processing activities
- Crossing the line: Further breaches of data protection law
Approximately 40-minute long e-learning course followed by a 10-question assessment.
Suitable for all staff - examples and interactivities designed for staff at all levels. No previous knowledge or experience required.
SHARD-compliant, responsive display on all devices, accessibility on screen readers, visual design controlled via a client style sheet.
Ability to offer optional test-out, whereby users can choose to skip the course content and complete the learning assignment simply by passing the assessment.
All Windows, Mac OSX, iOS, Android (Flash-free for mobile compatibility). AICC and SCORM 1.2-compliant, suitable for both hosted and deployed SCORM or AICC.
Fully customisable on Skillcast Portal CMS.
Pre-translated versions not available, but all text content can be exported for translation into all languages.
Based on UK legislation, but suitable for global audiences upon the removal of UK-specific references and translation as necessary.