Whistleblowing refers to disclosing corrupt, illegal or fraudulent activities committed by organisations. The FCA's whistleblowing rules are mandatory for all deposit takers with over £250m in assets and insurers subject to Solvency II.
These rules impact all managers in the UK and those overseeing UK-based employees. The FCA's rules include training employees on their right to whistleblow, presenting a whistleblowing report annually and appointing a whistleblowers' champion.
Our Whistleblowing for Managers in FS Course explains the value of whistleblowing, your duty to blow the whistle when appropriate and how you are protected for doing so.
Available as part of our FCA Course Library.
This course will prepare your employees to:
- What would you do?
- Exercise: What is whistleblowing?
- Why is whistleblowing important?
- Consequences of not getting it right
- Key legal provisions
- What do you think: Legal protection for whistleblowers
- You make the call: Reluctance to get involved
- The whistleblowing triangle
- Exercise: Weighing it up
- How to blow the whistle
- The whistleblowers' champion
- Internal whistleblowing arrangements
- Reporting directly to the regulator
- You make the call: Reporting to the regulator
- Settlement agreements & Non-Disclosure Agreements
Approximately 35-minute long e-learning course followed by a 10-question assessment.
Suitable for all staff - examples and interactivities designed for staff at all levels. No previous knowledge or experience is required.
SHARD-compliant, responsive display on all devices, accessibility on screen readers, visual design controlled via a client style sheet.
All Windows, Mac OSX, iOS, Android (Flash-free for mobile compatibility). AICC and SCORM 1.2-compliant, suitable for both hosted and deployed SCORM or AICC.
Fully customisable on Skillcast Portal CMS.
Pre-translated versions not available, but all text content can be exported for translation into all languages.
Based on UK legislation, but suitable for global audiences upon the removal of UK-specific references and translation as necessary.