The Markets in Financial Instruments Directive (MiFID) originally aimed to increase competition and integration in markets for financial instruments. After the financial crisis, it was evident that greater investor protection was needed.
The EU created MiFID II to broaden the scope to other financial instruments and trading venues. This extends to market participants and activities not previously regulated. Most of it is adopted into the FCA's Handbook.
Our Markets in Financial Instruments Directive II (MiFID II) Course explains the new MiFID II rules and what is required to comply with these rules.
Available as part of our FCA Compliance Library.
This course will prepare your employees to:
- Why is it important for you?
- What this means for product manufacturers
- What this means for product distributors
- What do you think: FCA intervention
- You make the call: Product governance rules
- You make the call: What are the rules on the inducements?
- RPA restrictions
- You make the call: Suitability & appropriateness tests
- Equivalent tests
- The rules on switching
- Scenario: Eva provides information
- You make the call: Is it a personal recommendation or not?
- You make the call: Record keeping rules
- You make the call: Is it a breach or not?
- Systems & controls for HFT & direct electronic access
- You make the call: The rules on HFT & direct electronic access
- Scenario: The rules on transaction reporting
- Systematic internaliser
- Publication requirements for investment firms
- Publication requirements for liquidity providers
- You make the call: Delivering the best possible result for clients
Approximately 40-minute long e-learning course followed by a 10-question assessment.
Suitable for all staff - examples and interactivities designed for staff at all levels. No previous knowledge or experience is required.
SHARD-compliant, responsive display on all devices, accessibility on screen readers, visual design controlled via a client style sheet.
All Windows, Mac OSX, iOS, Android (Flash-free for mobile compatibility). AICC and SCORM 1.2-compliant, suitable for both hosted and deployed SCORM or AICC.
Fully customisable on Skillcast Portal CMS.
Pre-translated versions not available, but all text content can be exported for translation into all languages.
Based on UK legislation, but suitable for global audiences upon the removal of UK-specific references and translation as necessary.