Prudential Regulation applies to firms in financial services. Prudence is vital to the ethical and moral framework surrounding healthy financial systems. In finance, imprudence can bring economies to the point of collapse.
Prudence refers to taking care when making decisions or spending money to avoid unnecessary risks. In accounting, prudence means not overstating assets and profits or understating losses in a company's accounts.
Our Prudential Regulation Training Course explains the prudential standards for financial services firms in the UK.
Available as part of our FCA Compliance Library.
This course will prepare your employees to:
- Example: Prudence at a personal level
- Example: Prudence in a commercial organisation
- You make the call: Is it prudent?
- Prudence in banking
- Prudence in commercial financing
- Prudence in mortgages
- Prudence in insurance
- The business of banking
- Risks in the financial services business
- The need for prudence in financial services
- Consequences of imprudence
- A brief history of financial services regulation in the UK
- Prudential Regulation Authority (PRA)
- Financial Conduct Authority (FCA)
- You make the call: Who's your regulator?
- PRA Rulebook
- The FCA Handbook
- Prudential Standards
- Capital resource requirement
- Principles underlying the definition of capital resources
- GENPRU systems & controls
- You make the call: What's a BIPRU firm authorised to do?
- Capital Requirements Directive (CRD)
- Scenario: Pillar 3 Disclosure
- Types of IFPRU firms
- Significant IFPRU firms
- Scenario: SREP & ICAAP
- Solvency II
- Scenario: INSPRU & Solvency II
- Scenario & exercise: MIPRU
- Profession Indemnity Insurance (PII)
Approximately 45-minute long e-learning course followed by a 10-question assessment.
Suitable for all staff - examples and interactivities designed for staff at all levels. No previous knowledge or experience is required.
SHARD-compliant, responsive display on all devices, accessibility on screen readers, visual design controlled via a client style sheet.
All Windows, Mac OSX, iOS, Android (Flash-free for mobile compatibility). AICC and SCORM 1.2-compliant, suitable for both hosted and deployed SCORM or AICC.
Fully customisable on Skillcast Portal CMS.
Pre-translated versions not available, but all text content can be exported for translation into all languages.
Based on UK legislation, but suitable for global audiences upon the removal of UK-specific references and translation as necessary.