Since The Modern Slavery Act came into force in the UK in 2015, there has been an abundance of modern slavery content appearing online. We've collated some of the best resources.
You only need to google 'modern slavery' to be swamped with information covering everything from what modern slavery is, how to spot the signs and the measures to take to prevent it. The amount of resources available can be overwhelming, it can be difficult to know where to begin.
However, this TEDx talk by Kate Garber seem an excellent starting point...
We have curated a comprehensive list of useful resources to help build your understanding of modern slavery and the regulations stemming from the Modern Slavery Act 2015.
Online modern slavery resources
There are some great free resources available online, that detail the scale of the issue and fight modern slavery across all corners of the globe:
- The Global Slavery Index - Provides a global estimation, country by country, of the number of people victimised by modern slavery today.
- Anti-slavery - The world's oldest international human rights organisation whose sole purpose is to abolish slavery in all its forms.
- End Slavery Now - Educational tools with personal stories of the different types of slavery.
- Walk Free - Published the Global Slavery Index report, this site encourages you to be a part of the fight against modern slavery by joining their action campaigns.
- Unseen UK - Supporting survivors and potential victims of slavery by providing access to a range of specialist services, enabling them to safely recover rebuild their lives.
- Modern Slavery Government Collections - Up to date facts and figures of modern slavery in the UK, along with how to identify the red flags and information on UK-based support services.
- ONS - The UK's recognised national statistical institute brings together data sources linked to modern slavery from a range of organisations.
- Metropolitan Police - To report a suspicion or seek advice you can contact the Modern Slavery Helpline confidentially on 08000 121 700. Open 24 hours a day, 365 days a year.
- Modern Slavery Helpline - Providing victims, the public, statutory agencies and businesses access to information and support on a 24/7 basis.
- Modern Slavery Act 2015 - The legislation behind modern slavery compliance in the UK
Skllcast free modern slavery training aids
Modern Slavery Training Presentation - A presentation explaining what modern slavery is, the legislation, the scale of the problem, who is at risk and employer/employee responsibilities
Modern Slavery Training Module - A bite-sized ten-minute long interactive e-learning module will raise awareness for your team, helping them to spot red flags and take the correct action.
Modern Slavery Awareness Poster - Raise awareness of the risk of modern slavery in your office with our poster highlighting the red flags to look out for.
Modern Slavery Statement Template - A free editable Word template to help you create a modern slavery statement for your business based on best practices.
Want to learn more about Modern Slavery?
You can find lots of useful links to key modern slavery facts, figures, tips and training in our comprehensive guide to Modern Slavery Resources.
If you'd like to stay up to date with modern slavery best practices, industry insights and key trends across regulatory compliance, digital learning, EdTech and RegTech news, subscribe to the Skillcast Compliance Bulletin.
To help you navigate the compliance landscape we have collated searchable glossaries of key terms and definitions across complex topics including GDPR, Equality, Financial Crime and SMCR. We also regularly report key learnings from recent compliance fines.
You can follow our ongoing YouGov research into compliance issues, attitudes and risk perceptions in the UK workplace through our Compliance Insights blogs.
And if you're looking for a compliance training solution, why not visit our Compliance Essentials Course Library.
Last but not least, we have 60+ free compliance training aids, including assessments, best practice guides, checklists, desk-aids, eBooks, games, handouts, posters, training presentations and even e-learning modules!
If you've any questions or concerns about compliance or e-learning, please get in touch.
We are happy to help!