The Mortgage Conduct of Business (MCOB) for the Annual Percentage Rate of Charge (APRC), shortfalls, and charges apply to home finance businesses.
The APRC is used to compare loans, and the UK mortgage regulations require its disclosure in all financial promotions. In the interest of fair customer treatment, disclosure rules also state that charges are transparent.
Our MCOB for APRC, Shortfalls & Charges Course explains the FCA's business rules for calculating the APRC and charges as well as dealing with shortfalls.
Available as part of our FCA Compliance Library.
This course will prepare your employees to:
- Total charge for credit exclusions
- Exercise: Total charge for credit
- Exercise: Charges
- Calculating costs: What is and is not acceptable?
- Exercise: Good or poor practice?
- Safeguarding against excessive charges
- Exercise: Averaging fees
- Charging for payment shortfalls
- Going the extra mile
- Exercise: Dealing with payment shortfalls
- Exercise: Dealing with payment shortfalls -2
- Exercise: Dealing with payment shortfalls - 3
- Exercise: Dealing with payment shortfalls -4
- Providing information to customers with payment shortfalls
- Exercise: Providing information to business customers
- Sales shortfalls
- Exercise: The contents of records
Approximately 30-minute long e-learning course followed by a 10-question assessment.
Suitable for all staff - examples and interactivities designed for staff at all levels. No previous knowledge or experience is required.
SHARD-compliant, responsive display on all devices, accessibility on screen readers, visual design controlled via a client style sheet.
All Windows, Mac OSX, iOS, Android (Flash-free for mobile compatibility). AICC and SCORM 1.2-compliant, suitable for both hosted and deployed SCORM or AICC.
Fully customisable on Skillcast Portal CMS.
Pre-translated versions not available, but all text content can be exported for translation into all languages.
Based on UK legislation, but suitable for global audiences upon the removal of UK-specific references and translation as necessary.