The Mortgage Conduct of Business (MCOB) for Financial Promotions applies to financial promotions in the home finance business. These rules state that all financial promotions need to be approved by an authorised person.
Financial promotions are defined, under MCOB rules, as any communication a business has with new or existing customers that aims to generate new business.
Our MCOB for Financial Promotions Course explains the FCA's conduct of business rules that apply to financial promotions in the home finance business.
Available as part of our FCA Compliance Library.
This course will prepare your employees to:
- Exercise: Real-time versus non-real-time
- Unsolicited promotions via social media
- You make the call: Is it permitted?
- Exercise: Unsolicited real-time promotions
- Exercise: Unsolicited real-time promotions-2
- Exercise: Unsolicited real-time promotions-3
- Exercise: Unsolicited real-time promotions-4
- Exercise: Unsolicited real-time promotions-5
- Customer scenario: Real-time promotion
- Customer scenario - 2
- Customer scenario - 3
- Customer scenario - 4
- Scenario: The call centre
- Other rules on MCD financial promotions
- Form & content of financial promotions for sale & rent back agreements
- Exploiting customers
- Exercise: Email promotions
Approximately 30-minute long e-learning course followed by a 10-question assessment.
Suitable for all staff - examples and interactivities designed for staff at all levels. No previous knowledge or experience is required.
SHARD-compliant, responsive display on all devices, accessibility on screen readers, visual design controlled via a client style sheet.
All Windows, Mac OSX, iOS, Android (Flash-free for mobile compatibility). AICC and SCORM 1.2-compliant, suitable for both hosted and deployed SCORM or AICC.
Fully customisable on Skillcast Portal CMS.
Pre-translated versions not available, but all text content can be exported for translation into all languages.
Based on UK legislation, but suitable for global audiences upon the removal of UK-specific references and translation as necessary.