Financial and economic sanctions are binding prohibitions applied by governments to prevent business transactions with certain designated persons. They may be rogue organisations, countries, regimes or specific individuals.
Violations of sanctions issued by the UN, the US and the EU, placing restrictions on payments and other financial transactions, can result in fines and criminal charges.
Our Financial Sanctions Compliance Training Course will help your employees understand what financial sanctions are, their impact on business operations and how to ensure compliance.
Available as part of our Compliance Essentials Library.
This course will prepare your employees to:
- Who imposes sanctions?
- Types of financial sanctions
- Mind the USA!
- Sanctions terminology
- Consequences: In the news…
- You decide: What is the risk?
- Company sanctions
- How we apply sanctions
- Your obligations
- You decide: Is it correct or not?
- Customer onboarding
- Wire stripping
- Third parties
- You decide: Sanctions compliant?
- The screening and matching process
- You decide: What type of match is it?
- Best practice: Screening and matching
- What this means for you
- You decide: Is it allowed or not?
- Scenario: Angela's client
- Scenario: Receiving payments from designated persons
- Scenario: Insurance and designated persons
- Scenario: Sanctions and ownership
- Scenario: Insuring entities
- Scenario: Sanctions and partnerships
- Scenario: Sapphire
- The workaround
- Scenario: Roya and Kazem's story
- Record keeping
Approximately 45-minute long e-learning course followed by a 10-question assessment.
Suitable for all staff - examples and interactivities designed for staff at all levels. No previous knowledge or experience required.
SHARD-compliant, responsive display on all devices, accessibility on screen readers, visual design controlled via a client style sheet.
Ability to offer optional test-out, whereby users can choose to skip the course content and complete the learning assignment simply by passing the assessment.
All Windows, Mac OSX, iOS, Android (Flash-free for mobile compatibility). AICC and SCORM 1.2-compliant, suitable for both hosted and deployed SCORM or AICC.
Fully customisable on Skillcast Portal CMS.
Pre-translated versions not available, but all text content can be exported for translation into all languages.
Based on UK legislation, but suitable for global audiences upon the removal of UK-specific references and translation as necessary.