One of the three operational objections of the FCA is to protect consumers. Financial firms are required to follow a principles-based approach to dealing with client complaints. Managers play a vital role in enforcing this.
Managers and supervisors are responsible for ensuring there are sufficient resources for handling complaints. Their responsibility extends to checking that the complaint handling systems work properly to serve the client.
Our Complaints Handling for Managers Course explains the FCA's rules on how best to manage complaints from retail clients in the financial services sector.
Available as part of our FCA Compliance Library.
This course will prepare you to:
- Expression of dissatisfaction
- Eligible complaints
- Complaints handling
- Exercise: Complaints handling
- Scenario: General requirements
- Requirement to inform
- Dealing with the complaint
- Scenario: Dealing with the complaint
- Systems & controls
- Scenario: Systems & controls
- Time limits, record keeping & reporting
- Rejecting a complaint
- Categorising complaints
- Exercise: General requirements
- Final response
- Responses earlier than eight weeks
- Speed & quality of response
- Exercise: Time limits
- Scenario: Monitoring complaints
- Internal reporting
- Six-monthly reports to the FCA
- Exercise: Record keeping
- Formal & informal settlements
- Scenario: Formal & informal settlements
- Completely independent
- Exercise: Role of the FOS
Approximately 35 minutes followed by a 10-question assessment.
Suitable for all staff - examples and interactivities designed for staff at all levels. No previous knowledge or experience is required.
SHARD-compliant, responsive display on all devices, accessibility on screen readers, visual design controlled via client style sheet.
Ability to offer optional test-out, whereby users can choose to skip the course content and complete the learning assignment by simply passing the assessment
All Windows, Mac OSX, iOS, Android (Flash-free for mobile compatibility). AICC and SCORM 1.2-compliant, suitable for both hosted and deployed SCORM or AICC.
Fully customisable on Skillcast Portal CMS.
Pre-translated versions not available, but all text content can be exported for translation into all languages.
Based on UK legislation, but suitable for global audiences upon the removal of UK-specific references and translation as necessary.