68% of employees currently working from home want to in the future and only 44% can't wait to go back to their offices according to research conducted by YouGov for Skillcast.
In the Skillcast WFH Insights Survey May 2020, 7 out of 10 of British employees currently working from home said that they are just as productive working from home whilst 68% would like to continue working at home in the future!
In the largest survey of its kind, we asked 1,983 employees, confirmed as working from home all or most of the time, to what extent they agreed or disagreed with the following three assertions based on their experience of working from home during the COVID-19 outbreak so far.
- Working from home is great - I'd like to keep on doing it in the future
- Working from home is not ideal - I can't wait to get back to my office
- I can be as productive when working from home as in the office
In response, we received an overwhelming vote for working from home. 68% of the workers stated that they would like to keep on working from home in the future and a similar proportion (70%) felt that they can be as productive when working from home as in the office.
- The future: 68% of British employees, male and female alike, stated that they'd like to keep on working from home in the future.
- London (75%) and the East of England (73%) stood out among those wanting to continue working from home, whilst the Scots (57%) were least passionate about it.
- Interestingly, only 62% of the older workers (aged 55+) voted for working from home in the future despite being the age group reporting the least challenges with working from home.
- Productivity: 70% of British employees currently working from home felt that they can be as productive when working from home as in the office.
- This proportion was similar across all company sizes and regions, with the exception of Scotland (56%)
- Women (73%) were more convinced of their productivity when working from home than men (68%)
- Older employees, 45 years and over, (75%) were also more convinced of their productivity when working from home than those employees aged under 45 (68%)
- Returning to work: Less than half (44%) agree that working from home is not ideal and can't wait to get back to the workplace.
Need more help with working from home compliance?
Working from home presents specific challenges to maintaining regulatory compliance. This is why your senior managers and compliance officers will need a resilient, scalable plan.
Our 3-step compliance training and assessment roadmap will help put your homeworking environment on a much stronger footing.
You can access all of these training aids for free, and they are available for roll-out as part of our Compliance Essentials Course Library.
Looking for more compliance insights?
If you'd like to stay up to date with best practices, industry insights and key trends across regulatory compliance, digital learning, EdTech, and RegTech news, subscribe to Skillcast Compliance Bulletin.
To help you navigate the compliance landscape, we have collated searchable glossaries of key terms and definitions across complex topics, including GDPR, Equality, Financial Crime and SMCR. We also track the biggest compliance fines, explaining what drives them and how to avoid them.
You can follow our ongoing YouGov research into compliance issues, attitudes and risk perceptions in the UK workplace through our Compliance Insights blogs.
Last but not least, we have 60+ free compliance training aids, including assessments, best practice guides, checklists, desk-aids, eBooks, games, handouts, posters, training presentations and even e-learning modules!
If you've any questions or concerns about compliance or e-learning, please get in touch.
We are happy to help!