Employees Want to Keep Working from Home
68% of employees currently working from home want to in the future and only 44% can't wait to go back to their offices according to research conducted by YouGov for Skillcast.
In the Skillcast WFH Insights Survey May 2020, 7 out of 10 of British employees currently working from home said that they are just as productive working from home whilst 68% would like to continue working at home in the future!
In the largest survey of its kind, we asked 1,983 employees, confirmed as working from home all or most of the time, to what extent they agreed or disagreed with the following three assertions based on their experience of working from home during the COVID-19 outbreak so far.
- Working from home is great - I'd like to keep on doing it in the future
- Working from home is not ideal - I can't wait to get back to my office
- I can be as productive when working from home as in the office
In response, we received an overwhelming vote for working from home. 68% of the workers stated that they would like to keep on working from home in the future and a similar proportion (70%) felt that they can be as productive when working from home as in the office.
- The future: 68% of British employees, male and female alike, stated that they'd like to keep on working from home in the future.
- London (75%) and the East of England (73%) stood out among those wanting to continue working from home, whilst the Scots (57%) were least passionate about it.
- Interestingly, only 62% of the older workers (aged 55+) voted for working from home in the future despite being the age group reporting the least challenges with working from home.
- Productivity: 70% of British employees currently working from home felt that they can be as productive when working from home as in the office.
- This proportion was similar across all company sizes and regions, with the exception of Scotland (56%)
- Women (73%) were more convinced of their productivity when working from home than men (68%)
- Older employees, 45 years and over, (75%) were also more convinced of their productivity when working from home than those employees aged under 45 (68%)
- Returning to work: Less than half (44%) agree that working from home is not ideal and can't wait to get back to the workplace.
About the Skillcast WFH Insights Survey
Skillcast is the leading provider of compliance e-learning and staff compliance tools to companies in the UK, ranging from FTSE 100 giants to small and mid-sized businesses.
In May 2020, Skillcast commissioned YouGov to undertake the largest study of its kind in Great Britain, based on responses from 1,983 participants qualified as working from home all or most of the time. Fieldwork took place online between 23rd April and 4th May 2020.
This is just a taster of the full survey results. For further insights by the size of firm, the industry sector, region and demographics, email us at email@example.com.
To see more primary research results from our surveys, read our Insights blogs.
Need help with working from home compliance?
Working from home presents specific challenges to maintaining regulatory compliance. Which is why your senior managers and compliance officers will need a resilient, scalable plan.
Our 3-step compliance training and assessment roadmap will help to put your homeworking environment on a much stronger footing. It includes 10-minute training module for all staff, a 15-minute training module for managers and a self assessment too.
You can access all of these training aids for free, and they are available for roll-out as part of our Compliance Essentials course library.
If you've any further questions or concerns, just leave us a comment below this blog. We are happy to help!