Companies have a legal obligation to identify the signs of vulnerability and ensure that vulnerable individuals are treated fairly.
The FCA defines a vulnerable person as someone who is susceptible to harm when a firm doesn't act with the appropriate level of care. Personal circumstances relating to health, life events, resilience and capability increase an individual's risk of vulnerability.
Our Good Outcomes for Vulnerable Customers Course will help your employees to better identify, understand and address the needs of those in vulnerable circumstances.
Available as part of our FCA & Insurance Course Library.
This course will prepare your employees to:
- Scenario 1: Sara's new friend
- Scale of vulnerability in the UK
- Cost-of-living crisis & vulnerability
- You decide: Recognising the drivers
- Actual versus potential vulnerability
- You decide: Who is vulnerable?
- Vulnerability & the spectrum of risk
- You decide: Gauging vulnerability
- Cases: In the news
- The consequences of vulnerability
- Our impact on vulnerable customers
- You decide: Is it a concern?
- Recognising the barriers
- Best practice
- Handling disclosures
- Scenario: Jakub's account
- Involvement of third parties
Approximately 30-minute long e-learning course followed by a 10-question assessment.
Suitable for all staff - examples and interactivities designed for staff at all levels. No previous knowledge or experience is required.
SHARD-compliant, responsive display on all devices, accessibility on screen readers, visual design controlled via a client style sheet.
All Windows, Mac OSX, iOS, Android (Flash-free for mobile compatibility). AICC and SCORM 1.2-compliant, suitable for both hosted and deployed SCORM or AICC.
Fully customisable on Skillcast Portal CMS.
Pre-translated versions not available, but all text content can be exported for translation into all languages.
Based on UK legislation, but suitable for global audiences upon the removal of UK-specific references and translation as necessary.