Responsible Lending and Affordability are non-negotiable principles that underpin the UK's mortgage market reform. The Mortgage Market Review (MMR) now monitors firms in the home finance business.
The FCA promised to deliver a mortgage market that works better for the consumer and is sustainable for all participants. Responsible lending is key to this approach.
Our Responsible Lending and Affordability Course explains the FCA's responsible lending and affordability rules for the home finance business in the UK.
Available as part of our FCA Compliance Library.
This course will prepare your employees to:
- Meet the lenders...
- Exercise: Interactive or non-interactive?
- Exercise: Advised or non-advised?
- Exercise: Isabel's priorities
- Assessing needs & circumstances
- Drilling down to get the facts
- The conversation continues...
- Drilling down to clarify expectations
- Tailoring advice
- Exercise: Assessing needs & circumstances
- Exercise: Assessing income
- Lending criteria
- Assessing expenditure
- Clarifying expenditure with the customer
- Exercise: The Greens' expenditure 1
- Exercise: The Greens' expenditure 2
- Exercise: The Greens' expenditure 3
- Exercise: The follow-up meeting
- Decision time
- Exercise: The Greens get advice
- Exercise: Tanya's income
- Tanya's revelation
- Exercise: Tanya's payday loan
- Exercise: Good practice for the payment shortfalls
- Exercise: Isabel removes Adam's concessionary rate
- Exercise: Frank's enquiry
- Assessing Frank's needs & circumstances
- Frank's eligibility
- Exercise: Frank's needs & circumstances
- Exercise: Frank's not impressed
- Exercise: Lorraine's renewal
- Exercise: Assessing affordability with Lorraine
- Exercise: Who is a HNW mortgage customer?
- Exercise: Assessing affordability with Curtis
- Devising a policy for HNW mortgage customers
- Rajeev advises Irene
- Exercise: Disclosures for SRB agreements
- What Rajeev does next
- Exercise: Does Rajeev follow the rules?
- SRB safeguards
- Exercise: Irene's tenure
Approximately 60-minute long e-learning course followed by a 14-question assessment.
Suitable for all staff - examples and interactivities designed for staff at all levels. No previous knowledge or experience is required.
SHARD-compliant, responsive display on all devices, accessibility on screen readers, visual design controlled via a client style sheet.
All Windows, Mac OSX, iOS, Android (Flash-free for mobile compatibility). AICC and SCORM 1.2-compliant, suitable for both hosted and deployed SCORM or AICC.
Fully customisable on Skillcast Portal CMS.
Pre-translated versions not available, but all text content can be exported for translation into all languages.
Based on UK legislation, but suitable for global audiences upon the removal of UK-specific references and translation as necessary.