The FCA has made operational resilience a requirement for banks, building societies, PRA-designated investment firms, enhanced scope firms and other financial institutions.
An operational resilience framework involves identifying important business services, setting impact tolerances, and mapping and testing to respond to operational disruptions.
Our Operational Resilience course will provide you with a better understanding of what the FCA means by operational resilience and how to comply with the FCA's requirements.
We have a free untracked version of this module for everyone to review the course content.
Available as part of our FCA Library.
- What are operational disruptions?
- You decide: Why is it important?
- Operational risk versus operational resilience?
- What is the difference between operational resilience & business continuity or disaster recovery?
- You decide: Who takes responsibility for operational resilience in a business?
- What are the implementation deadlines for operational resilience?
- Key factors in identifying important business services
- You decide: Is it an important business service or not?
- Key considerations when setting impact tolerance
- Scenario: The call centre
- More on mapping
- You decide: Is it true or false?
- You decide: What scenarios to test?
- You decide: The elements of an operational resilience self-assessment
- Self-assessment documentation
- Getting communications right
- You decide: Recognising the benefits
Approximately 55-minute long e-learning course followed by a 10-question assessment.
Suitable for all staff - examples and interactivities designed for staff at all levels. No previous knowledge or experience is required.
SHARD-compliant, responsive display on all devices, accessibility on screen readers, visual design controlled via a client style sheet.
Ability to offer optional test-out, whereby users can choose to skip the course content and complete the learning assignment by passing the assessment.
All Windows, Mac OSX, iOS, Android (Flash-free for mobile compatibility). AICC and SCORM 1.2-compliant, suitable for both hosted and deployed SCORM or AICC.
Fully customisable on Skillcast Portal CMS.
Pre-translated versions not available, but all text content can be exported for translation into all languages.
Based on UK legislation, but suitable for global audiences upon the removal of UK-specific references and translation as necessary.