Available as part of our Compliance Essentials Course Library.
This course will prepare your managers to:
- How serious is the threat?
- Who could commit fraud?
- What do you think?
- Our zero-tolerance approach
- You make the call: Report or not?
- How criminals steal identity
- How identity fraud works
- Best practice for preventing identity fraud
- You make the call: Is it suspicious or not?
- Scenario: The debit card
- Online fraud examples
- Best practice for fighting cybercrime
- Scenario: Cybercrime risks
- Scenario: The suspected hack
- Types of payment fraud
- False accounting fraud
- Best practice for preventing corporate fraud
- You make the call: Red flags for corporate fraud
- Scenario: Rick's request
- Employee fraud examples
- Best practice for preventing employee fraud
- Scenario: Mr Jardine calls
- Scenario: Preventing employee-supplier collusion
- Scenario: Sickness absence
- Customer fraud examples
- Best practice for preventing customer fraud
- Scenario: Phil's customer
- Scenario: The online store
- Supplier fraud examples
- Best practice for preventing supplier fraud
- Scenario: Jade spots a discrepancy
- Other offences
- Penalties and prosecutions
- The Fraud Triangle
- You make the call: Identifying Fraud Triangle elements
- What do you think: Reporting fraud
Approximately 60 minutes.
Suitable for all staff - examples and interactivities designed for staff at all levels.
No previous knowledge or experience required.
SHARD-compliant, responsive display on all devices, accessibility on screen readers, visual design controlled via a client style sheet.
Ability to offer optional test-out, whereby users can choose to skip the course content and complete the learning assignment simply by passing the assessment Deployment AICC and SCORM 1.2-compliant, suitable for both hosted and deployed SCORM or AICC.
AICC and SCORM 1.2-compliant, suitable for both hosted and deployed SCORM or AICC.
All Windows, Mac OSX, iOS, Android (Flash-free for mobile compatibility).
Fully customisable on Skillcast Portal CMS.
Pre-translated versions not available, but all text content can be exported for translation into all languages.
Based on UK legislation, but suitable for global audiences upon the removal of UK-specific references and translation as necessary.