Embargoes and sanctions prohibit all transactions with an entity, trading of certain commodities, or supplying critical goods. They may also require positive actions like freezing assets or enforcing travel bans.
Embargoes refer to a complete ban on all activity whereas sanctions are usually limited in scope. Violating embargoes and sanctions can result in fines as well as criminal charges.
Our Embargoes and Sanctions Training Course will help your employees understand what sanctions are, how they impact your business and how to comply with them.
Available as part of our Compliance Essentials Library.
This course will prepare your employees to:
- Types of embargoes and sanctions
- You decide: Is it restricted or not?
- Who imposes embargoes and sanctions?
- Sanctions terminology
- Consequences: In the news…
- You decide: Is there a risk of sanctions violations?
- Company sanctions
- What embargoes and sanctions mean for us
- Your obligations
- You decide: Is it correct or not?
- Customer on-boarding
- Payment stripping
- Third parties
- You decide: Sanctions compliant?
- Importing and exporting
- You decide: Identifying red flags
- You decide: Do the rules apply?
- Best practice for importing and exporting
- The screening and matching process
- You decide: What type of match is it?
- Best practice: Screening and matching
- Scenario: Sanctions and ownership
- Scenario: Insuring entities
- Scenario: The exporter
- Scenario: Sanctions checks
- Scenario: The workaround
- Scenario: Louis' customer
- Record keeping
Approximately 45-minute long e-learning course followed by a 10-question assessment.
Suitable for all staff - examples and interactivities designed for staff at all levels. No previous knowledge or experience is required.
SHARD-compliant, responsive display on all devices, accessibility on screen readers, visual design controlled via a client style sheet.
All Windows, Mac OSX, iOS, Android (Flash-free for mobile compatibility). AICC and SCORM 1.2-compliant, suitable for both hosted and deployed SCORM or AICC.
Fully customisable on Skillcast Portal CMS.
Pre-translated versions not available, but all text content can be exported for translation into all languages.
Based on UK legislation, but suitable for global audiences upon the removal of UK-specific references and translation as necessary.