Embargoes and sanctions prohibit all transactions with an entity, trading of certain commodities, or supplying critical goods.
They may also require positive actions like freezing assets or enforcing travel bans. Violating embargoes and sanctions can result in fines as well as criminal charges.
Our Embargoes and Sanctions Training Course will help your employees understand what sanctions are, how they impact your business and how to comply with them.
Available as part of our Compliance Essentials Course Library.
This course will prepare your employees to:
- Types of embargoes and sanctions
- You make the call: Is it restricted or not?
- Who imposes embargoes and sanctions?
- Sanctions terminology
- Consequences: In the news…
- You make the call: Is there a risk of sanction violations?
- Company sanctions
- What embargoes and sanctions mean for us
- Your obligations
- You make the call: Is it correct or not?
- Customer on-boarding
- Payment stripping
- Third parties
- You make the call: Is it True or False?
- Importing and exporting
- You make the call: Identifying red flags
- What do you think: Do the rules apply?
- Best practice for importing and exporting
- The screening and matching process
- You make the call: What type of match is it?
- Best practice: Screening and matching
- Scenario: Sanctions and ownership
- Scenario: Insuring entities
- Scenario: The exporter
- Sanctions checks
- The workaround
- You make the call: Louis' customer
- Record keeping
Approximately 45-minute long e-learning course followed by a 10-question assessment.
Suitable for all staff - examples and interactivities designed for staff at all levels. No previous knowledge or experience is required.
SHARD-compliant, responsive display on all devices, accessibility on screen readers, visual design controlled via a client style sheet.
Ability to offer optional test-out, whereby users can choose to skip the course content and complete the learning assignment simply by passing the assessment Deployment AICC and SCORM 1.2-compliant, suitable for both hosted and deployed SCORM or AICC.
All Windows, Mac OSX, iOS, Android (Flash-free for mobile compatibility). AICC and SCORM 1.2-compliant, suitable for both hosted and deployed SCORM or AICC.
Fully customisable on Skillcast Portal CMS.
Pre-translated versions not available, but all text content can be exported for translation into all languages.
Based on UK legislation, but suitable for global audiences upon the removal of UK-specific references and translation as necessary.