Certain individuals may be unable to care for or protect themselves due to a mental illness or disability, age or other factors. We all owe a duty to safeguard such vulnerable people.
Safeguarding refers to promoting health, wellbeing and the human rights of anyone who is considered vulnerable.
Our Safeguarding Vulnerable Groups Training Course will help your employees to understand which individuals may be vulnerable and what extra steps they should take to safeguard them.
Available as part of our Compliance Essentials Library.
This course will prepare your employees to:
- Scenario 2: How does Lei do it?
- Scenario 3: Arthur's poor treatment
- Who is responsible for safeguarding vulnerable people?
- Types of abuse
- Examples: What can go wrong?
- You decide: Spotting the signs
- An increased risk?
- Exercise: Identifying the risk factors
- Scenario: Safeguarding Lei's vulnerable client
- Don't be a stickler
- Scenario: Safeguarding the vulnerable
- You decide: Your duty of confidentiality
- You make the call: Gauging the level of risk
- Dealing with suspected & actual disclosures of abuse
- Taking action to safeguard vulnerable people
- Scenario: Naira's husband
- Scenario: Handling high-risk situations
- Scenario: Making the right response
- Scenario: Safeguarding the customer
- Handling the situation tactfully
- DBS key points
- You decide: Complying with the law
- Lei revisited
- Arthur revisited
Approximately 45-minute long e-learning course followed by a 10-question assessment.
Suitable for all staff - examples and interactivities designed for staff at all levels. No previous knowledge or experience is required.
SHARD-compliant, responsive display on all devices, accessibility on screen readers, visual design controlled via a client style sheet.
Ability to offer optional test-out, whereby users can choose to skip the course content and complete the learning assignment simply bypassing the assessment.
All Windows, Mac OSX, iOS, Android (Flash-free for mobile compatibility). AICC and SCORM 1.2-compliant, suitable for both hosted and deployed SCORM or AICC.
Fully customisable on Skillcast Portal CMS.
Pre-translated versions not available, but all text content can be exported for translation into all languages.
Based on UK legislation, but suitable for global audiences upon the removal of UK-specific references and translation as necessary.