Certain individuals may be unable to care for themselves or their interests due to disability, age or other factors. We all owe a duty to safeguard such vulnerable people.
Our Safeguarding Vulnerable Groups Training Course will help your employees to understand which individuals may be vulnerable and what extra steps they should take to safeguard them.
Versions available as part of our Compliance Essentials and FCA Course Libraries.
This course will prepare your employees to:
- Scenario 1: Sara's new friend
- Scenario 2: How does Graham do it?
- Scenario 3: Arthur's poor treatment
- Who is 'vulnerable'?
- Types of abuse
- Who could be an abuser?
- Example: What can go wrong?
- What are the signs?
- Exercise: Spotting the signs
- An increased risk?
- Exercise: Identifying the risk factors
- Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS)
- Exercise: Safeguarding Graham's vulnerable client
- Don't be a stickler
- Exercise: Safeguarding the vulnerable
- A proactive approach
- You make the call: Your duty of confidentiality
- You make the call: Gauging the level of risk
- Dealing with suspected and actual disclosures of abuse
- Taking action to safeguard vulnerable people
- Exercise: Laurie's son
- Scenario: Handling high-risk situations
- Scenario: The customer shows signs of vulnerability
- Scenario: The customer gets agitated and distressed
- Handling the situation tactfully
- Legal issues and safeguarding
- You make the call: Complying with the law
- Scenario: Jayne's injuries
- Graham revisited
- Arthur revisited
Approximately 45-minute long e-learning course followed by a 10-question assessment.
Suitable for all staff - examples and interactivities designed for staff at all levels. No previous knowledge or experience is required.
SHARD-compliant, responsive display on all devices, accessibility on screen readers, visual design controlled via a client style sheet.
Ability to offer optional test-out, whereby users can choose to skip the course content and complete the learning assignment simply bypassing the assessment.
All Windows, Mac OSX, iOS, Android (Flash-free for mobile compatibility). AICC and SCORM 1.2-compliant, suitable for both hosted and deployed SCORM or AICC.
Fully customisable on Skillcast Portal CMS.
Pre-translated versions not available, but all text content can be exported for translation into all languages.
Based on UK legislation, but suitable for global audiences upon the removal of UK-specific references and translation as necessary.