When the proceeds of crime find their way into the formal economy via a web of transactions designed to conceal their true origins, this is money laundering.
To prevent this criminal activity, nearly all countries in the world have committed themselves to extremely tough laws against money laundering that incur severe penalties.
Terrorist financing can come from rogue regimes or well-organised terrorist organisations that feed their cells worldwide under cover of trade payments, investments, remittances and money for education.
Our AML & CTF Compliance Training Course covers regulatory regimes across 17 key regions.
For a UK focus, see our AML & CTF Training Course.
Our global AML & CTF Compliance Training Course helps your employees understand their obligations in relation to preventing these crimes.
This course will prepare your employees to:
Full design review conducted by an AML expert.
- What is terrorist financing?
- You make the call: Is it money laundering or terrorist
- How does money laundering work?
- How could you get implicated?
- You make the call: What's the risk?
- What this means for you
- Exercise: Dos and don'ts of AML/CTF compliance
- Assessing risk
- Standard CDD
- You make the call: Is the evidence sufficient?
- Best practice for standard CDD
- Scenario: The distance sale
- Scenario: Customer who can't provide full evidence
- Due diligence of other entities
- Scenario: UHNW customer
- Scenario: The delay
- Simplified due diligence (SDD)
- Enhanced due diligence (EDD)
- You make the call: What level of due diligence?
- Scenario: Dealing with PEPs
- Our rules on PEPs
- What should you look out for?
- You make the call: To report or not?
- Scenario: The outlier
- Scenario: Derek's case
- Scenario: Nicola revisited
- Scenario: When to report
- Scenario: Avoiding tipping-off
- Record keeping
- European Union (EU)
- Cayman Islands
- Hong Kong
- Isle of Man
- What do you think: Is it an offence?
Approximately 40-minute long e-learning course followed by a 10-question assessment.
Suitable for all staff - examples and interactivities designed for staff at all levels. No previous knowledge or experience is required.
SHARD-compliant, responsive display on all devices, accessibility on screen readers, visual design controlled via a client style sheet.
Ability to offer optional test-out, whereby users can choose to skip the course content and complete the learning assignment simply by passing the assessment.
All Windows, Mac OSX, iOS, Android (Flash-free for mobile compatibility). AICC and SCORM 1.2-compliant, suitable for both hosted and deployed SCORM or AICC.
Fully customisable on Skillcast Portal CMS.
Pre-translated versions not available, but all text content can be exported for translation into all languages.
Based on UK legislation, but suitable for global audiences upon the removal of UK-specific references and translation as necessary.