When the proceeds of crime find their way into the formal economy via a web of transactions designed to conceal their true origins, this is money laundering.
The UK, like most countries, has enacted tough anti-money laundering (AML) legislation with severe penalties.
It also has counter-terrorist financing (CTF) laws to stop rogue regimes and terrorist organisations moving money under cover of trade payments, investments, remittances and money for education.
Our UK AML & CTF Course will help your staff understand their obligations regarding prevention, due diligence and reporting suspicious activity.
Our complementary Global AML & CT Course provides additional training covering 17 key regulatory regimes.
This course will prepare your employees to:
Full design review conducted by an AML expert.
- What is terrorist financing?
- You make the call: Money laundering or terrorist financing?
- How does money laundering work?
- How could you get implicated?
- You make the call: What's the risk?
- What this means for you
- Exercise: Dos and don'ts of AML/CTF compliance
- Assessing risk
- Standard CDD
- You make the call: Is the evidence sufficient?
- Best practice for standard CDD
- Scenario: The distance sale
- Scenario: Customer who can't provide full evidence
- Due diligence of other entities
- Scenario: UHNW customer
- Scenario: The delay
- Simplified due diligence (SDD)
- Enhanced due diligence (EDD)
- You make the call: What level of due diligence?
- Scenario: Dealing with PEPs
- Our rules on PEPs
- What should you look out for?
- You make the call: To report or not?
- Scenario: The outlier
- Scenario: Derek's case
- Scenario: Nicola revisited
- Scenario: When to report
- Scenario: Avoiding tipping-off
- Record keeping
- Money Laundering Regulations 2017
- You make the call: MLR 2017
- Offences and penalties
Approximately 40-minute long e-learning course followed by a 10-question assessment.
Suitable for all staff - examples and interactivities designed for staff at all levels. No previous knowledge or experience is required.
SHARD-compliant, responsive display on all devices, accessibility on screen readers, visual design controlled via a client style sheet.
Ability to offer optional test-out, whereby users can choose to skip the course content and complete the learning assignment simply by passing the assessment.
All Windows, Mac OSX, iOS, Android (Flash-free for mobile compatibility). AICC and SCORM 1.2-compliant, suitable for both hosted and deployed SCORM or AICC.
Fully customisable on Skillcast Portal CMS.
Pre-translated versions not available, but all text content can be exported for translation into all languages.
Based on UK legislation, but suitable for global audiences upon the removal of UK-specific references and translation as necessary.