Available as part of our Compliance Essentials Course Library.
This course will prepare your managers to:
- Cost of not managing safely
- Demonstrating leadership
- Understanding your responsibilities
- Hazardous events
- Probability of hazardous events
- Consequences of hazardous events
- Level of risk
- The benefits
- Summary: How to assess risk
- Four levels of likelihood and consequence
- Levels of risk
- Exercise: Faulty plug risk
- Residual risk
- Section summary: How to measure risk
- Eliminate the hazard
- Substitute with less hazardous alternative
- Use barriers around the hazard
- Use safe systems of work
- Issue personal protective equipment
- Provide welfare facility
- RSI consequences
- Choosing the right control measure
- Exercise: Which is the most effective measure?
- Involving staff
- Summary: How to control risk
- Slips and trips
- Section summary: Identifying hazards
- Need for investigation
- What causes lead to adverse events?
- Fixing the root causes is essential
- Exercise: Why do adverse events happen?
- Step 1: Initial response
- Step 2: Preserve the scene
- Step 3: Report the accident
- Step 4: Assemble the investigation team
- Step 5: Investigate using a structured approach
- Step 6: Handle external relationships
- Summary: Identifying and reporting accidents and incidents
Approximately 45 minutes.
Suitable for all staff - examples and interactivities designed for staff at all levels.
No previous knowledge or experience required.
SHARD-compliant, responsive display on all devices, accessibility on screen readers, visual design controlled via a client style sheet.
Ability to offer optional test-out, whereby users can choose to skip the course content and complete the learning assignment simply by passing the assessment Deployment AICC and SCORM 1.2-compliant, suitable for both hosted and deployed SCORM or AICC.
AICC and SCORM 1.2-compliant, suitable for both hosted and deployed SCORM or AICC.
All Windows, Mac OSX, iOS, Android (Flash-free for mobile compatibility).
Fully customisable on Skillcast Portal CMS.
Pre-translated versions not available, but all text content can be exported for translation into all languages.
Based on UK legislation, but suitable for global audiences upon the removal of UK-specific references and translation as necessary.