The security of client and internal information is absolutely critical for businesses, and the consequences of information being lost or stolen are severe.
The loss or theft of commercially sensitive information may lead to lost revenues, damage to reputation, reduced consumer trust, and even affect a company's survival.
Failure to respect information security may lead to disciplinary measures, fines and even criminal prosecution under various laws (including the Computer Misuse Act and the GDPR).
Our Information Security Training Course helps employees understand information classification, data security, network security, access control to your offices, and prevent information loss or theft.
This course will help your employees to:
- What is information security?
- What are the consequences of breaches?
- What do you think?
- What information is covered?
- Information life cycle
- Information classification
- You make the call: Classifying information
- Best practice for using emails
- What do you think?
- Scenario: Alan's email
- Best practice for securing information when travelling
- Scenario: On vacation
- Scenario: Corinna's trip
- Using portable media
- Portable media: What should you do?
- Scenario: Using portable media
- Access control: What should you do?
- Scenario: Jonathan's new job
- Password policy
- Password policy guidelines
- Scenario: Mark's event
- Best practice for accessing the internet
- Scenario: The suspected hack
- Physical security measures
- What should you do?
- Scenario: Physical security
- You make the call: Report or not?
- Information security and the law
Approximately 35-minute long e-learning course followed by a 10-question assessment.
Suitable for all staff - examples and interactivities designed for staff at all levels. No previous knowledge or experience required.
SHARD-compliant, responsive display on all devices, accessibility on screen readers, visual design controlled via a client style sheet.
Ability to offer optional test-out, whereby users can choose to skip the course content and complete the learning assignment simply by passing the assessment.
All Windows, Mac OSX, iOS, Android (Flash-free for mobile compatibility). AICC and SCORM 1.2-compliant, suitable for both hosted and deployed SCORM or AICC.
Fully customisable on Skillcast Portal CMS..
Pre-translated versions not available, but all text content can be exported for translation into all languages.
Based on UK legislation, but suitable for global audiences upon the removal of UK-specific references and translation as necessary.