The Payment Card Industry Data Security Standard (PCI DSS) is the information security standard for organisations that process credit card payments.
These standards apply to any company with a Merchant ID that processes, stores or transmits data. PCI DSS can act as a tool for implementing technical measures for the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) compliance.
Our Safeguarding Personal Data with PCI DSS Course will help your employees to understand why it is important, the 12 key requirements for compliance and how to identify, resolve and prevent risks.
This course will prepare your employees to:
Full design review conducted by a PCI DSS expert.
- The PCI ecosystem
- Examples: Information security breaches
- Consequences of non-compliance
- You decide: Do you know?
- You decide: Fact or fiction?
- PCI DSS merchant levels
- You decide: Merchant levels
- The goals of PCI DSS
- You decide: PCI DSS goals & requirements
- You decide: Developing the security policy
- You decide: Rules for firewalls & router configurations
- Examples: Malware
- Key features of payment cards
- You decide: Rules for storing payment card data
- You decide: Taking action with payment card data
- Masking the PAN and other payment card data
- When is masking required?
- You decide: Applying the rules
- Safeguarding cardholder data with encryption
- Taking preventive action against malware
- Scenario: Rajan's systems maintenance
- You decide: Maintaining secure systems & applications
- You decide: Change control best practice
- Access control measures
- You decide: Access control
- You decide: Identifying & authenticating access to cardholder data
- You decide: Passwords
- You decide: Authentication
- Password pitfalls
- You decide: Physical access
- You decide: Procedures for visitors
- You decide: Signs of tampering
- Recap of the key rules
- Monitoring & testing networks
- You decide: Penetration testing
Approximately 60-minute long e-learning course followed by a 10-question assessment.
Suitable for all staff - includes examples and interactivities designed for staff at all levels and best practice do's and don'ts for managers. No previous knowledge or experience is required.
SHARD-compliant, responsive display on all devices, accessibility on screen readers, visual design controlled via a client style sheet.
Supplementary four-minute iExpress interactive video provided to create awareness and interest in this topic.
All Windows, Mac OSX, iOS, Android (Flash-free for mobile compatibility). AICC and SCORM 1.2-compliant, suitable for both hosted and deployed SCORM or AICC.
Fully customisable on Skillcast Portal CMS.
Pre-translated versions not available, but all text content can be exported for translation into all languages.
Based on UK legislation, but suitable for global audiences upon the removal of UK-specific references and translation as necessary.