Ensuring the health and safety of all employees should be a top priority for every company, and managers share this responsibility.
Managers may also be asked to conduct risk assessments and implement controls depending on their role. A breach in health and safety could result in injury or ill-health, subsequently a business loss.
Our Managing Safely Online Course helps managers better understand health and safety risks, systems and procedures under their area of responsibility.
For general staff training, see our Working Safely course.
Available as part of our Compliance Essentials Library.
This course will prepare your managers to:
- You decide: Employers' Liability Insurance
- The cost of not managing safely
- Demonstrating leadership
- What leadership looks like
- Hazards & risks
- Hazardous events
- Probability of hazardous events
- Consequences of hazardous events
- Level of risk
- The benefits
- The HSE's six steps
- Four levels of likelihood & consequence
- Levels of risk
- Exercise: Faulty plug risk
- Residual risk
- RSI consequences
- Eliminate the hazard
- Substitute with less hazardous alternative
- Use barriers around the hazard
- Use safe systems of work
- Issue personal protective equipment
- How do you choose which control measure to implement?
- Exercise: Which is the most effective measure?
- Involving staff
- Slips, trips & falls
- Need for investigation
- What causes lead to adverse events?
- Fixing the root causes is essential
- Exercise: Why do adverse events happen?
- Step 1: Initial response
- Step 2: Preserve the scene
- Step 3: Report the accident
- Step 4: Assemble the investigation team
- Step 5: Investigate using a structured approach
- Step 6: Handle external relationships
Approximately 55-minute long e-learning course followed by a 10-question assessment.
Suitable for all staff - examples and interactivities designed for staff at all levels. No previous knowledge or experience is required.
SHARD-compliant, responsive display on all devices, accessibility on screen readers, visual design controlled via a client style sheet.
All Windows, Mac OSX, iOS, Android (Flash-free for mobile compatibility). AICC and SCORM 1.2-compliant, suitable for both hosted and deployed SCORM or AICC.
Fully customisable on Skillcast Portal CMS.
Pre-translated versions not available, but all text content can be exported for translation into all languages.
Based on UK legislation, but suitable for global audiences upon the removal of UK-specific references and translation as necessary.