Ensuring all employees' health and safety should a top priority for every company, and managers share this responsibility.
Depending on their role, managers may also be asked to conduct risk assessments and implement controls.
Our Managing Safely Online Course helps managers better to understand health and safety risks, systems and procedures.
For general staff training see our Working Safely course.
Available as part of our Compliance Essentials Course Library.
This course will prepare your managers to:
- Cost of not managing safely
- Demonstrating leadership
- Understanding your responsibilities
- Hazardous events
- Probability of hazardous events
- Consequences of hazardous events
- Level of risk
- The benefits
- Summary: How to assess risk
- Four levels of likelihood and consequence
- Levels of risk
- Exercise: Faulty plug risk
- Residual risk
- Section summary: How to measure risk
- Eliminate the hazard
- Substitute with less hazardous alternative
- Use barriers around the hazard
- Use safe systems of work
- Issue personal protective equipment
- Provide welfare facility
- RSI consequences
- Choosing the right control measure
- Exercise: Which is the most effective measure?
- Involving staff
- Summary: How to control risk
- Slips and trips
- Section summary: Identifying hazards
- Need for investigation
- What causes lead to adverse events?
- Fixing the root causes is essential
- Exercise: Why do adverse events happen?
- Step 1: Initial response
- Step 2: Preserve the scene
- Step 3: Report the accident
- Step 4: Assemble the investigation team
- Step 5: Investigate using a structured approach
- Step 6: Handle external relationships
- Summary: Identifying and reporting accidents and incidents
Approximately 55-minute long e-learning course followed by a 10-question assessment.
Suitable for all staff - examples and interactivities designed for staff at all levels. No previous knowledge or experience is required.
SHARD-compliant, responsive display on all devices, accessibility on screen readers, visual design controlled via a client style sheet.
Ability to offer optional test-out, whereby users can choose to skip the course content and complete the learning assignment simply by passing the assessment.
All Windows, Mac OSX, iOS, Android (Flash-free for mobile compatibility). AICC and SCORM 1.2-compliant, suitable for both hosted and deployed SCORM or AICC.
Fully customisable on Skillcast Portal CMS.
Pre-translated versions not available, but all text content can be exported for translation into all languages.
Based on UK legislation, but suitable for global audiences upon the removal of UK-specific references and translation as necessary.